Imphal, May 18:
A team of IIT Guwahati Manipuri Students and Alumni led by N. Thoiba Singh donated a fooy operated hand washing unit to the Medical Superintendent of RIMS Hospital Prof. Ch. Arunkumar Singh today. The unit was installed in front of the Causality Block, RIMS Hospital for public utility. It is designed and developed by the IIT Guwahati Manipuri Students and Alumni. It is the third unit donated by the group. Earlier, it has been successfully installed at the CM Office and Manipur University Campus. The motive behind the development of such unit is for hands free washing to prevent spreading of COVID-19. The system has two paddles actuating hand wash bottle kept at hand wash platform and the one pedal for actuating link connected to water tap. It has also provision for tissue paper to wipe off the hand after hand washing. It ensures judicious used of water and also prevent physical touch of water tap and soap by hand.
Latest from Sh Ajit
- Save Nambul River: Mrs. Grimwood’s Nambul part of the story will be contrasting if written today
- Labour minister instructs officials to form task force to timely address labour shortage
- Make sure that all farmers get fertilizer on time - UPF
- COVID-19: Manipur has 342 active cases, tally stands at 540
- NSCN-K calls upon frontline workers of COVID-19 Pandemic to be more transparent and responsible