Imphal, May 14:
Residents of Andro Constituency have urged the Chief Minister of Manipur, N Biren Singh to intervene in the current political unrest arising out of the upcoming By-Election of the constituency. One resident of Andro, Sagolshem Chaoren urged the CM to take necessary action else the matter will be out of hand. He said, “Yesterday at around afternoon, some group of unknown people abducted 3 of them, namely Ningthoujam Okendro from Andro Awang Leikai, Chingakham Shyamkishore from Andro Sanapat and Chaoren himself were blindfolded and beaten in a moving vehicle. Later on, they were dropped at the residence of one Dhiren alias Bobo from Huikap where one Rabi, younger brother of Ex-Minister Th.Shyamkumar was present. Rabi along with Dhiren escorted the 3 to a COVID-19 camp opened at Andro and were later picked up by Andro Police and given First Aid at Yairipok CHC.” Chaoren appealed for a peaceful By-election in the constituency.
Meanwhile, villagers of Yairipok Ningthounai , Yambem and Changambi Khul alleged that Peace and tranquility in the 3 villages in Andro Assembly Constituency have been disturbed greatly by Ex-Minister Th. Shyamkumar in hands with Imphal East District Police by firing Mock bomb and Tear Gas creating an environment of chaos and fear among the people and appeal no to repeat such act in future which is creating a fear psychosis among the people.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire
- ‘We don’t procure sub-standard mask, we encourage hand made three-layers masks under the Ministry’s guideline’
- Conquering the art of bloody politics
- Cracks between NPP and BJP stitched; Deputy CM Yumnam Joykumar re-allocated with Finance portfolio
- Sub standard protective mask procured at Rs. 25 per piece for distribution to MGNREGA workers