Imphal, April 7
Members of the International Peace and Social Advancement (IPSA) today distributed edible items to labourers of the FCI and FCS who have been facing extreme difficulties due to the ongoing lockdown and curfew being announced by the government to fight COVID -19 pandemic.
According to official of the IPSa there are 68 labourers in the FCS and 50 I the FCI. Since the lockdown their earning has been stopped and they are unable to find work to buy their daytoday need and keeping stock is out of question as the money they get from a day labour is even not enough to feed their family.
The distributed items include potatoes, salt, Onion and other edible items.
President of IPSA Joychandra Konthoujamm while speaking to media persons appealed the government to make an immediate arrangement for providing essential commodities to the laborer community during the lockdown.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey
- Government issues fresh SOP: Flight passengers to be quarantined
- Where have the PDS rice allocated for non-voters or non-card holders gone at some assembly constituency?
- Lockdown turn out to be a boon for infertile couple – Dr. James
- Fighting COVID-19: lockdown is not the best policy – RPF