Imphal, April 7
Social Welfare Minister Nemcha Kipgen today announced that funds for Care Giver Allowance to the Persons with Disabilities under Chief Ministergi Shotharabasingi Tengbang (CMST) have been released through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT).
The funds released are for June 2019 to January 2020 for the year 2019-20. Altogether, 4879 beneficiaries will be receiving the amount in their respective bank accounts, Minister informed.
As safety are of prime concern for all during this COVID-19 pandemic, Smt Nemcha Kipgen appealed all the beneficiaries not to rush to banks or ATMs to disburse the funds, but to maintain social distancing and avoid overcrowding in the bank.
Social Welfare Minister reiterated that funds for most of the schemes of the department are now given through DBT to avoid any misappropriation of funds by any third party and to directly reach the funds of the beneficiaries in their bank accounts.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey
- Government issues fresh SOP: Flight passengers to be quarantined
- Where have the PDS rice allocated for non-voters or non-card holders gone at some assembly constituency?
- Lockdown turn out to be a boon for infertile couple – Dr. James
- Fighting COVID-19: lockdown is not the best policy – RPF