Imphal, March 24
After a positive case of COVID -19 has been reported in Manipur, the authority of RIMS today convened a meeting and started a change in the strategy of providing all safety measures to health service providers at RIMS as well as prepares to provide treatment facilities to all affected people. This was stated by Director of RIMS , Dr. A Shanta in a telephonic conversation.
“As the state has confirmed case of COVID -19 we have set up new regulation for all our health service providers”, Dr. A Shanta said. He added that protective gears will be provided to all health service providers including nurses.
“All health service providers will be given protective gear which they have to change while attending the hospital and leave it while returning home”, Dr. Shanta said .
To provide medical treatment to any COVID-19 patient RIMS is ready with the isolation ward being opened. He said that 10 ventilators is arriving today and RIMS have collected enough hydroxychloroquine which is approved for the medication of patients. Moreover, RIMS has enough N 90 mask and will procure more if necessary, he added.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- One more returnee tested positive; Number reached 60
- NPF MLA Awangbou Newmai inducted as Minister in N.Biren Singh led Govt.
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey