Jiribam, March 24
To guard against the spread of Novel Coronavirus in the State, the inter-State border of Jiribam District was closed down till March 31, 2020.
The shut down of the inter-State border was imposed as a preventive measure to counter COVID-19, as Jiribam District is the western border of Manipur which has inter-State boundary with Assam State.
There is much speculation about entering outsiders through the entry point.
Meanwhile, Addl. District Magistrate (in-charge), Jiribam S. Indrajit Singh has issued an order under Sub- Section 2 of Section 144 Cr. P.C, 1973 which prohibited the movement of any person outside their respective residence from 0800 hours of 24th March until further order. However, during prohibitory, the order shall not apply to government agencies involved in the enforcement of law and order and other essential services.
On the other hand, the District Administration of Jiribam is also mapping to set up Quarantine and isolation facilities at some specific location to counter and for prevention of the anticipated risk of the potential spread of deadly coronavirus in respect of Jiribam.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- MLA Th. Shyamkumar disqualified from the membership of Manipur Legislative Assembly
- At Keishamthong AC Ward No. 13 only those in the voter list gets 4 Kg of rice
- In Thangmeiband AC local club to start distribution of Rice and dal to all family members at free of cost
- 3students’ bodies urge Chief Minister to introduce online learning for students; submits memorandum
- Coronavirus Combat; not just the Government’s fight