Dimapur, March 21
When the entire world was suffering silently under the dark shadow of death, academic institutions all over India and the world were closing down due to the threat of CoronaVirus, one college in a distant part of northeast India in the state of Nagaland shifted its entire campus online with a positive intention to continue learning and also to take learning and teaching to a whole new level for students and faculty members.
Tetso College in Dimapur, Nagaland set up its first-ever virtual Campus in digital world via Google Hangouts Meet. The courageous move comes within 48 hours after the state government on March 16 declared to close down all educational institutions in the state as a preventive measure to fight the novel coronavirus pandemic. The example of virtual campus in the ever evolving digital world set up by Tetso College will inspire not only other colleges in Nagaland or northeast region but also academic institutions in different parts of India.
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- ‘Handloom product “Leirum Phi” should not be commercialized or re-name’
- CCpur CSOs laud Thanlon AC MLA
- Sagang Villagers help daughter in quarantine to attend father’s funeral with due precautions
- Issue raised over escalation of cost of raw materials of handloom products
- JFA welcomes NCW move on lady scribe’s case