Imphal, March 18
Of the three candidates who had filed nomination for contesting the lone Rajya Sabha seat, only two will be fighting for the seat as the NPF Candidate, Honreikhui Kashung today withdrew his candidature today.
It is straight fight between the BJP candidate and Manipur's titular king Leishemba Sanajaoba and the Congress candidate T Mangi Babu. NPF have four seats in the sixty member house of the Manipur Legislative Assembly and is in the coalition government led by the BJP. Even as Congress party has 28 numbers elected the actual figure reduced to 20 with 8 of its elected members defected and support the BJP led government in the state. BJP’s elected MLAs were only 21 at first but with the defected MLAs the number now reach 28 leaving aside the speaker of the house. Independent Candidate Asab Ali plus the 4 NPP MLAs and the four NPF now reach the no of BJP supporters to 36 which makes sure that BJP will win the Rajya Sabha seat.
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- ‘Handloom product “Leirum Phi” should not be commercialized or re-name’
- CCpur CSOs laud Thanlon AC MLA
- Sagang Villagers help daughter in quarantine to attend father’s funeral with due precautions
- Issue raised over escalation of cost of raw materials of handloom products
- JFA welcomes NCW move on lady scribe’s case