Imphal, March 18
The Gangte Students’ Organisation, General Headquarters (GSO-GHQ) expressed shocked and grieved against the arson of Chahsat village, Kamjong district that brought more than hundred houses to cinders on March 16.
“It is very ill-fated that such barbaric act still exists in our society. The unresponsiveness of 42nd AR posted there in proximity to Chahsat village is condemnable by all right thinking citizens and, the state force stationed there deserve no less castigation in tolerating the Sampui villagers to carry out their fiendish act of pyromania”, a statement of the organization said.
It added that this inhumane act of rampant conflagration is no less an act of war against helpless innocent villagers who are in minority. The blitz that was carried out will only cramp peaceful co-existence, but rather social unrest and disharmony among all.
The GSO-GHQ urged the authority concern to look into the matter and take necessary actions in bringing justice to the downtrodden. We pour out our deepest sympathy to the aggrieved and homeless villagers.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- ‘For 2nd installment ex-gratia for NSAP pensioners released’
- Vegetable flood at Wabagai; whereas Vegetable drought at Imphal during lock down due to pandemic COVID-19
- Continuing woes of people in the Green Zone of Manipur
- Residents of Manipur returns in special Train from Chennai
- Points to ponder: Social Media during Lockdown