Imphal, March 7
Water Resources Minister Letpao Haokip attended the Conference of Chief Ministers/Ministers of Water Resources of North-Eastern Region on the Draft Bill in respect of proposed North East Water Management Authority (NEWMA) at New Delhi yesterday afternoon. The Conference was presided over by the Union Minister of Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Sekhawat.
In the conference, Letpao Haokip drew the attention of the gathering to include Manipur river basin in the draft bill of NEWMA. He also said that the formulation of the master plan for Manipur basin should be done at the earliest.
The Minister of State for Jal Shakti and Social Justice & Empowerment, Rattan Lal Kataria, Chief Ministers of Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Tripura, Deputy CM of Meghalaya and WR Ministers of all the NE states participated in the Conference.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles apprehend one USRA cadre in Churachandpur District
- Assam Rifles Apprehends Opium Drug Dealer in Ukhrul
- Minister Awangbow Newmai Flags Off ‘Save Nambul River’ Media Campaign
- COVID-19: Agriculture innovation to achieve food security & challenges in Manipur
- Cyberbullying using social media as weapons