Imphal, March 2
Leader of the Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) People’s War Group (PWG) Lamyanba Khuman who had absconded after abrogating the suspension of operation with the Government of Manipur and re-established the armed group KCP (PWG) as Chairman has been reportedly arrested by a combined team of Manipur Police and Delhi Police from New Delhi.
Source said the KCP PWG leader Lamyanba Khuman @ Laishram Mangoljao Singh was arrested along with his associate Hijbur Rehman from Nirankari Sarovar Bus Stand of Burari, New Delhi by the combined police team.
Report said that non-bailable warrant against both have been issued from the concerned courts and a cash reward of Rs. 1 lakh was announced by the Manipur Police on the arrest of Laishram Mangoljao Singh @ Lamyanba Khuman. Further investigation is under progress.
The KCP-PWG head Laishram Mangoljao Singh @ Lamyanba Khuman S/o Laishram Mano Singh of Awang Khunou Mayai Leikai, and Hijbur Rahman @ Ithemcha Lokhon @ Boby S/o Md. Babu R/o Sora Maning Leikal, district Kakching, Manipur, are likely to be deport here in the state.
Lamyanba Khuman group of KCP once surrendered and had agreed to sign suspension of Operation with the government of Manipur but he was reportedly absconded from the custody where his party was allotted and started committing several terror-related activities like lobbying of grenades, shoot-outs, killings, planting of bombs, running extortion networks by intimidating businessmen and politicians etc. a source said.
The source further added that Lamyanba Khuman the Chairman of the KCP (PWG) had even threaten to the Chief Minister of Manipur besides serving extortion note to private companies and individuals.
The state police team had been tracking his whereabouts since he started committing terror activities in the state since the last couple of years.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire
- ‘We don’t procure sub-standard mask, we encourage hand made three-layers masks under the Ministry’s guideline’
- Conquering the art of bloody politics
- Cracks between NPP and BJP stitched; Deputy CM Yumnam Joykumar re-allocated with Finance portfolio
- Sub standard protective mask procured at Rs. 25 per piece for distribution to MGNREGA workers