Troops of Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) seized huge quantity of Cigarettes near Indo-Myanmar Friendship Gate No- 2, Moreh on 24th Feb 2020.
During an Area Domination Patrol (ADP), at around 11:30 pm, troops of Assam Rifles recovered Cigarette packets worth Rupees 8 Lakhs near Indo-Myanmar Gate No- 2, Moreh. Troops of Assam Rifles observed suspicious move close to border and challenged the person, the person dropped the package and ran away from the spot.
On through searching of the area 04 cartons were recovered. However next day in the morning on detailed search of the area 19 more cartons were recovered.
The seized items has been handed over to Preventive Customs Office Moreh for further investigation.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- No new case of COVID-19 in Manipur; One Page admin arrested for releasing fake photo
- First COVID-19 case in Manipur confirmed; Curfew imposed in Imphal West & East District
- Manipur government declare total shut down till March 31; Ration card, CMHT card holders to get PDS item free of cost; Grocery shops and emergency service exempted
- Minister Nemcha Kipgen calls for peaceful co-existence & sense of brotherhood; Extended relief assistance to affected victims
- ‘Saving lives is the top priority, economy and others will follow’; CM appeals people to support “Janata Curfew” on March 22