Imphal Feb. 24
The people living in the area of Pumlen pat expressed strong condemnation over the encroachment to the lake by Loktak Development Authority [LDA] in the name of cleaning floating biomass. The Pumlen, Khoidum, Ecop and Kharung pats have been reportedly handed over for management to the LDA by Wetland Authority following demand by the LDA.
‘’ People of Pumlen pat have been depending on the agricultural products so far and since the Ithai barrage was constructed the land of the area were uncultivable and peoples livelihood were cut off and more than that the action of LDA in taking Pumlen pat under LDA is much more disheartening and the act of the Authority without consulting the people living there is unlawful as the Supreme directed to take consultation of 5 villages before a wetland is taken’’ said Salam Joy secretary of Pumlen Pat Khoidum Lamjao Kanba Apunba Lup .
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- KSA donates to encourage CM in fighting COVID-19; distributes edible items to students
- Seram Niken ZP Member distributes essential kitchen items
- CCpur’s CSOs, ADC prepares to fight COVID -19
- CM inspects site for construction of new quarantine centre
- The lone COVID -19 patient at JNIMS improved; Ministry releases advisory to take action on those spreading fake news about coronavirus a