Imphal, Feb 20
As a part of’’ Campaign for Total Education’’ promoted by All Manipur Students’ Union , a team led by HRD Secretary Prikeshwor Moirangthem of AMSU Bishnupur District Committee today conducted a survey at Sadar Patel High School ,Ningthoukhong .
According to a press statement of the student body, the schools located at interior place of Manipur have been left out without proper management by the Government .The Patel school has been facing problems of teachers as the school needed 26 teachers but they had only 7 for135 students from class 1 to 10 of 2020-21 session and the classrooms did not have proper desk and benches but only 40 were there. The AMSU further said that the Government had been launching lots of Schemes for the betterment of schools but it seemed like the benefits of the schemes has not seen much.
Giving the entire conditions of the schools ,he further said that even the rice for mid –day meal for last year have arrived only this year and due to the lack of maintenance of the school’s kitchen the teachers had been contributing to manage the kitchen. And there were no filters in the school for the students to provide hygienic drinking water .
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- RIMS Hospital complex sprayed with solution of sodium hypochlorite
- KSA serious over racial discrimination at Guwahati towards Manipuri nurses
- DST approves funding for developing a gel for nasal passage as prevention for COVID 19
- KSA distributes edible items to Children Home
- Humanism Foundation launches free ambulance services