Imphal, Feb 19
“We will commit suicide either in front of Chief Minister’s Bungalow or in front of his house if the ROP already passed on September 26, 2019, is not put into action on or before February 25 this year”.
This was stated by Thokchom Koireng, spokesperson of the Joint Administration Council (JAC) All Manipur Government Aided School Employees Organisation.
He said that other teachers of primary school had got already ROP and more than that they demanded the 7th pay commission but for the Aided teachers they were still at 5th pay commission. However, the money that they got was unmanageable for the present trend in their family.
He further said that the JAC members were with hope when the CM passed the bill but as of now after meeting the CM on 15th January and meeting of the Educational Minister on February 4, 2020, no further initiative was seen so far.
He stated that there were 584 added schools and 1699 teachers together at village and hill but since October 2019 they did not get pay till now and he continued that an added teacher got Rs. 9,945 per month irregularly.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur maybe deleted from the list of COVID-19 map; Credit goes to Chief Minister and his team
- COVID-19: A crisis that humankind can solve
- HRDA filed petition to take action against the arbitrary arrest of YFPHR activists
- CM announces Financial assistance to Manipuri stranded outside the state
- IPSA distributes edible items to labourers of FCI & FCS