Imphal Feb 19
Former skipper of Indian women’s hockey team and Arjuna awardee Surjalata Devi has filed a complaint against her husband for alleged domestic violence during her visit to the town in November. Investigation is on following a complaint filed by her at Heingang Police station Surjalata said while talking to media persons at Manipur Press Club today.
She said she had filed the complaint at Heingang PS in January. The case was transferred to Sultanpur Lodhi as the incident had reportedly occurred there during their stay for a tournament at the Rail Coach Factory.
Surjalata Devi reportedly married with Ksh Shantakumar of Singjamei Kshetri Leikai on November 4 , 2004 and have two sons. The hockey player, on whom the Bollywood film ‘Chak De India’ was based, has got her husband booked under Sections 325, 343, 354 and 498A of the IPC.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- JFA condoles death of scribe in Covid-19
- ‘Music video on Coronavirus awareness’
- In Thangmeiband AC local club to start distribution of Rice and dal to all family members at free of cost
- CSOs appeal to be fair while conducting drive against illegal Saw Mills
- Outreach programme on Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat