Imphal, Feb 18
A Protest against price hike on LPG Cylinder was held with the members of Youth Congress and Mahila Congress of Uripok led by Ms Sarifa Rahman , Secretary IYC in charge Manipur , Amir Hussain, President Manipur Pradesh Youth Congress, Ng Dilipkumar Meitei , VP MPYC , N Mahananda Singh , Gen Secy MPYC , Sh Tonton Iromcha , President , City DYC , AYC President of Uripok , Keishamthong, Yaiskul .
The protester demanding to roll back immediately the price hike on LPG with placards and raised voices against Modi BJP Govt.with many placards and Gas Cylinder.
The placards with slogans against the government and price hike of LPG were displayed during th protest.
Speaking to media persons member of youth congress Sarifa Rahman said that with steep hike in LPG prices, Modi government has attacked the budget of India’s women. Modi government with one stroke of pen has increased the price of gas cylinder by Rs. 149 taking the price of non-subsidised gas cylinder to Rs. 858.50.
when Congress demitted power on 16th May 2014 a non-subsidised gas cylinder price was only Rs. 414. It is Rs. 858.50 today i.e. an increase of over 100% in less than 5-1/2 years.
The negative impact of PM Modi’s harebrained, vision-less policies are becoming more and more evident every passing day. Economy of our country is going to dogs, GDP growth is consistently dropping, while inflation is touching the sky.
Earlier today it has been announced that LPG prices have been hiked by about Rs. 149 in different states across India. Prices of essential commodities too keeps increasing.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- No new case of COVID-19 in Manipur; One Page admin arrested for releasing fake photo
- First COVID-19 case in Manipur confirmed; Curfew imposed in Imphal West & East District
- Manipur government declare total shut down till March 31; Ration card, CMHT card holders to get PDS item free of cost; Grocery shops and emergency service exempted
- Minister Nemcha Kipgen calls for peaceful co-existence & sense of brotherhood; Extended relief assistance to affected victims
- ‘Saving lives is the top priority, economy and others will follow’; CM appeals people to support “Janata Curfew” on March 22