Imphal, Feb 17
A team of AMSU, while conducting inspection visits to government schools as a part of their campaign for Total Education today found Machi High School in Tengnoupal district Manipur in total disgrace manner with unsatisfactory school infrastructures besides having inadequate teachers.
A press statement, issued by the AMSU Thoubal district committee sent along with video footage of the school campus and classroom showed unfulfillment of promises made by the government for improvement of education sectors.
It said the school which has 146 students from class 1 to class 10 is being allotted with only five teachers. Among the five teachers, 4 are primary teachers and one Graduate teacher.
The building of the Machi High School was inaugurated on December 4, 2006, by the then Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh and Education Minister L. Nandakumar. The condition of the school is that the first-floor portion could not be used due to any maintenance of quality.
On April 8, 2018, the present Education Minister Th, Radheshyam visited the school and after inspection assured to improve the school by providing the requirement, however, nothing has been done till today.
AMSU appealed to the government to act as per their assurance to improve the education sectors.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- CSOs appeal to be fair while conducting drive against illegal Saw Mills
- Outreach programme on Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat
- Arjuna Awardee Surjalata Devi files case against her husband for domestic violence
- Fishery Skill Development (SKD) Training Programme held
- Raja Goukhothang Guite Football Memoriam 2020: United Khawzim Brothers face fellow Manipur State League outfit Sagolband United in a blockbuster final show