Imphal Feb 16
Thingat Battalion of Churachandpur Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) organised a free health check up and a motivational lecture on Career in Medical Fieldfor the students and teachers of Vunzagen Higher Secondary School at Mata Village in Churchandpur District on yesterday respectively.
The medical team under the Medical Officer checked the students and spread awareness regarding Government of India’s Ayushman Bharat initiative. During his interaction with the students the Medical Officer emphasized the importance of hygiene.
The session witnessed active participation from the students. The career counselling vehicle of the battalion was also placed in the venue and information regarding job opportunities in Indian Army and Assam Rifles was given to the students.
Currently a pre recruitment training is being given to youth by the battalion and many more students have wished to join the program after today’s career counselling drive
Assam Rifles is resolute in uplifting the lives of these youths through such initiatives and the efforts were happily acknowledged by the students and teachers alike who requested the battalion to conduct such events in the future also.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- No new case of COVID-19 in Manipur; One Page admin arrested for releasing fake photo
- First COVID-19 case in Manipur confirmed; Curfew imposed in Imphal West & East District
- Manipur government declare total shut down till March 31; Ration card, CMHT card holders to get PDS item free of cost; Grocery shops and emergency service exempted
- Minister Nemcha Kipgen calls for peaceful co-existence & sense of brotherhood; Extended relief assistance to affected victims
- ‘Saving lives is the top priority, economy and others will follow’; CM appeals people to support “Janata Curfew” on March 22