Chandel Feb. 13
As a part of the agitation being underway by the Council of Teachers’ Association (COTA), Chandel District Teachers Association staged a sit in protest at Maha Union Govt Higher Secondary school. The COTA has been demanding rectification of the Manipur Services Revised Pay Rules-2019 (7th Pay)
The protest was joined by Higher secondary Lecturers, Graduate teachers, Primary teachers, RMSA and SSA teachers from Chandel and Tengnoupal district.
Placards with slogans “Rectify ROP-2019 to stop agitation’, ‘Abolish AGP Adopt GP system’, ‘Teachers mould Future Generation Don’t Discriminate Teachers Through ROP-2019 etc. were displayed during the protest.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur. He can be contacted by email at [email protected]
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- PDS rice for Irong Kongleiram Village misappropriated by former village Headman
- Alleged kidnappers released on bail say they were framed
- 12 Quarantine Centres of Ukhrul solar-powered by SEAT and SELCO Foundation
- Liquors, items use for manufacturing seized by police team
- Man who tried to supply No 4 at quarantine center held