One school building including its boarding and a house was burned to ashes around yesterday midnight at Heirok Part III in Thoubal district.
According to report, TN Memorial Academy School and its boarding along with a house located adjacent to the school complex located at Heirok Part IIl Champrathong under Heirok Police station caught on fire at around 12.30 am today. There was no human casualty in the fire disaster.
Important documents of the school along with Admit Cards for students appearing class X examination scheduled to begin this month and other school uniforms, books, clothes of students staying in the boarding were reportedly burnt to ashes. School authority estimated the loss to be around 1 crore.
The root of the fire is not known as of now but it is speculated that the fire could have been occurred due short circuit of electric wires.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur. He can be contacted by email at [email protected]
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Medalists felicitated at Khangabok
- Youth Congress staged protest on LPG price hike in Thoubal district
- Give license for poppy or ganja plantation for medicinal purpose - MLA Surchandra
- MIU signs MoU with Men-Tsee-Khang to set up international Tibetan Medical Institute
- BOSEM to make no change in class X examination Schedule