Imphal, Jan 28
Tension erupted in Kangpokpi following an alleged custodial death of one KNO cadre at Kangpokpi police station, Kangpokpi district today morning. Enraged mob obstructed traffic along national highway 2, leaving commuters stranded on the road.
Locals charged with anger burnt tyres on the road in front of the police station. Hundreds of enraged women thronged the Kangpokpi police station and vandalised few furniture and computer desktop. The deceased KRA cadre identified as Thangboi is survived by three children and wife.According to source, the Thangboi was arrested by personnel of 38 Assam Rifles Kangpokpi post on January 25. He was handed over to Kangpokpi police station.
However, he was allegedly found death Tuesday morning inside the lock up of the police station.
Talks has been underway at the moment and details are awaited.
KNO/KRA armed group is under the agreement of Suspension of Operation with the government.
Latest from Sh Ajit
- Save Nambul River: Mrs. Grimwood’s Nambul part of the story will be contrasting if written today
- Labour minister instructs officials to form task force to timely address labour shortage
- Make sure that all farmers get fertilizer on time - UPF
- COVID-19: Manipur has 342 active cases, tally stands at 540
- NSCN-K calls upon frontline workers of COVID-19 Pandemic to be more transparent and responsible