Kumbi, Jan 25
Humanism Foundation in association with Kangvai Battalion and NSS, Kumbi College organised the 10th National Voters’ Day at the auditorium of Kumbi College here today.
As part of the observation, trainees of Humanim Foundation, who are undergoing training at its Skill Development Center, Kumbi; students of Kumbi College and local leaders took a pledge to “uphold the democratic traditions of India and the dignity of free, fair and peaceful elections and to vote in every elections fearlessly and without being influenced by considerations of religion, race, caste, community, language or any inducement”.
Principal of Kumbi College, K Jugeshwor Singh; Chairman of Humanism Foundation, W Shanti Devi; Chancellor of Manipur International University, Dr Harikumar P and Vice-Chairperson of Kumbi Municipal Council, Loitongbam Ongbi Babita Devi attended the observance as presidium members.
Addressing the gathering, L Gopal Singh, HOD of Political Science Department, Kumbi College, who attended at the observance as resource person highlighted the roles and duties of every citizen of India and the importance of vote in elections.
The day is also celebrated at Bishnupur and Moreh today.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- CM holds discussion with hill leaders on COVID-19
- Legal framework behind Lockdown, Curfew (sometime ‘total curfew’), Quarantine and Isolation in present situation of war against COVID – 19 in India
- ‘For 2nd installment ex-gratia for NSAP pensioners released’
- Vegetable flood at Wabagai; whereas Vegetable drought at Imphal during lock down due to pandemic COVID-19
- Continuing woes of people in the Green Zone of Manipur