Imphal, Jan 25
Youth’s Forum for Protection of Human Rights (YFPHR) has urge the Government of Manipur to upgrade the Manipur Human Rights Commission by notifying to open the Administration Division, Law Division, Investigation Division and Research and Transparency Division at the earliest. It also urged to provide sufficient Vehicles which could reach out every nook and corner of the state besides setting up Human Rights Cell in every districts of the state of Manipur.
“We learned that due to lack of enough manpower and the infrastructure within the Manipur Human Rights Commission, various cases on the violation of Human Rights could not be properly addressed as the primary Divisions such as Administration, Law, Investigation and Research and Transparency Divisions are still lacking since its establishment”, the Forum said and added that without the aforementioned Divisions the full fledged functioning of the commission will be hampered during the course of certain proceedings with regard to the cases of Human Rights violations.
The commission at present have no proper vehicles and adequate manpower to visit far flung places to to conduct enquiry of human rights violations.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- Machi High School condition in dilapidated condition despite government promises to improve it
- Fishery Skill Development (SKD) Training Programme held
- Raja Goukhothang Guite Football Memoriam 2020: United Khawzim Brothers face fellow Manipur State League outfit Sagolband United in a blockbuster final show
- New NPP office inaugurated at Churachandpur
- FEGOCTA’s representatives meet Education Minister