Imphal Jan 24
In the spirit of bonhomie and comraderie, Moreh Battalion of 26 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) deployed at Integrated Check Post, Moreh decided to share their Mid Day meal with the poor daily wage workers who earns their livelihood by doing menial jobs everyday along the Indo Myanmar Border.
The Integrated Check Post Commander decided to prepare a meal and have lunch with them to make their day a better one. During the meal the workers shared their experience and hardship faced on a daily basis for livelihood in the bordering town. Due to lack of organized industries and employment, majority of population depends on mere labour work and fall prey to drug smuggling activities.
A total of 20 daily wage workers and troops of Moreh battalion shared meal and camaraderie with each other assured them 24 x 7 vigil and security at International border.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- CM holds discussion with hill leaders on COVID-19
- Legal framework behind Lockdown, Curfew (sometime ‘total curfew’), Quarantine and Isolation in present situation of war against COVID – 19 in India
- ‘For 2nd installment ex-gratia for NSAP pensioners released’
- Vegetable flood at Wabagai; whereas Vegetable drought at Imphal during lock down due to pandemic COVID-19
- Continuing woes of people in the Green Zone of Manipur