Mumbai, Jan. 23
Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi (VBA) led by Prakash Ambedkar, a grandson of Dr B R Ambedkar, has given a call for “Maharashtra bandh”, as a protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA), the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and the “wrong” economic policies of the Centre, on Friday.
“The country is on the path of economic bankruptcy. Due to demonetisation and GST, coupled with atmosphere of mistrust in the country, the government is not getting revenue. The economic policies of the Centre are wrong,” he alleged.
Some of the school and college teachers’ unions have also pledged their support to the bandh. Teachers and educationists under the Joint Platform in Defence of Education have appealed to the management of all schools and colleges of the state to remain shut with a view to observe ‘Maharashtra Bandh’ on January 24.
Raju Vernekar is a Media Professional based in Mumbai and is a regular contributor of Imphal Times. He had served as Chief Reporter at Free Press Journal (1996 – 2015 ). His Activities includes writing for different news papers, script writing/production for TV channels, Films Division. Writing poems in Marathi, Hindi, English, Guiding mass media students and helping people to solve their problems. Raju may be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Raju Vernekar
- India heads towards third phase of “Covid19”; Death toll rises up to 20
- “Covid 19”: death toll reaches 18 across India; Maharashtra to release 11,000 prisoners on parole
- A surge in number of positive cases in Mumbai; An elderly woman dies in Navi Mumbai; death toll climbs to13
- “COVID 19” - A man from TN dies; countrywide death toll 11
- COVID-19 death toll rises to 10 across the country, positive cases 492; Fourth death in Mumbai; Patients in Pune and Mumbai show sign of recovery