Mumbai, Jan. 23
Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi (VBA) led by Prakash Ambedkar, a grandson of Dr B R Ambedkar, has given a call for “Maharashtra bandh”, as a protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA), the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and the “wrong” economic policies of the Centre, on Friday.
“The country is on the path of economic bankruptcy. Due to demonetisation and GST, coupled with atmosphere of mistrust in the country, the government is not getting revenue. The economic policies of the Centre are wrong,” he alleged.
Some of the school and college teachers’ unions have also pledged their support to the bandh. Teachers and educationists under the Joint Platform in Defence of Education have appealed to the management of all schools and colleges of the state to remain shut with a view to observe ‘Maharashtra Bandh’ on January 24.
Raju Vernekar is a Media Professional based in Mumbai and is a regular contributor of Imphal Times. He had served as Chief Reporter at Free Press Journal (1996 – 2015 ). His Activities includes writing for different news papers, script writing/production for TV channels, Films Division. Writing poems in Marathi, Hindi, English, Guiding mass media students and helping people to solve their problems. Raju may be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Raju Vernekar
- Indian medical students including 4 from Manipur doing internship in hospitals run by Sichuan University discouraged from returning to India
- SC initiates contempt action against telcos for non-payment of AGR dues
- Coronavirus: Naga woman mistaken for Chinese in Mumbai, made to leave building
- Yet another anti-CAA morcha in Mumbai
- One more Indian test positive for Coronavirus on board “Diamond Princess”