Imphal. Jan 22
United People’s Revolutionary Front of Manipur (UPRFM) called 12 hours total shut down in the region on January 26 from 6 am to 6 pm of the day against the celebration of the 71st Republic Day Celebration. Justifying the shut down called the armed rebel group said that Manipur , the erstwhile sovereign nation which has its own constitution was forcibly annexed to the Indian union and has been treating as a colony by the Indian Master. The rebel group appealed the people of the region not to take part the Republic day celebration of India.
The rebel group recounted on how India is treating the people of the region by suppressing the right of the people and committing various form of atrocities to the people.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Lockdown turn out to be a boon for infertile couple – Dr. James
- Fighting COVID-19: lockdown is not the best policy – RPF
- Legitimacy to the granting of Lhukhosei Zou on bail by Justice A. Noutuneshwari questioned
- Social worker Sanjoy re-arrested under NSA after released by court
- UCM urges to disclose action taken report on the existing NSCN-IM camp in Manipur