Jiribam, Jan. 12
The Nongpok Ningthou Erat Thouni, a holy site, which is located at the middle of Jiri river at Leingangpokpi, Jiribam was thronged by devotees today and offered their prayers.
The prayers was jointly organised by Nongpok Ningthou Erat Thouni Lup of Leingangpokpi and Samupunbi Gularthol, Jiribam.
Speaking with the media person at the holy site, G. Sarat Sharma, Chairman of Nongpok Ningthou Erat Thouni Lup said since from previous 19 years, prayers were offered at the holy site by the villagers and people of different localities of Jiribam on the month of January . He added, as the site is located at the middle of Jiri river and it was submerged by flooded river water every year and the villagers renovate the place to offer the prayers every years.
Further he stated that till day the people of Jiribam make their efforts to protect and preserved the Holy site but it is hard to maintain, he also sought the attention and support of government for the preservation and protection of the Holy site for all seasons.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- In Thangmeiband AC local club to start distribution of Rice and dal to all family members at free of cost
- CSOs appeal to be fair while conducting drive against illegal Saw Mills
- Outreach programme on Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat
- Arjuna Awardee Surjalata Devi files case against her husband for domestic violence
- Machi High School condition in dilapidated condition despite government promises to improve it