Imphal, Jan 3
Civil body ACOAM-Lup Kangleipak has appealed the government authority to solve the issue of the FCI labourers by holding a dialogue with the agitating labourers. A statement of the civil body said that the solution should be amicable and should not hurt the sentiment of the labourers who are engaging in peaceful democratic agitation.
The statement also urged both the Food Cooperation of India (PCI) and the Union Ministry of CAF & PD to abide by the agreement (MoU) signed between the two in 2010-11 and 2012-13. As per the MoU the National Productivity Council had submitted a report regarding the condition of the labourers. Another independent study on the Man Power Planning, Induction policy among others was conducted by Delloite Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd. after the signing of the 2012-13 MoU. The recommendation is being under observation by a Board level Sub-Committee of the FCI, the statement added.
The ACOAM Lup Kangleipak said that the recommendation should be properly look into by the authority and should take immediate action to solve the issue of the FCI workers who are presently facing taught time.
The organization appealed the authority to abide by the agreement in solving the issues of the labourers of the FCI Manipur.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- In Thangmeiband AC local club to start distribution of Rice and dal to all family members at free of cost
- CSOs appeal to be fair while conducting drive against illegal Saw Mills
- Outreach programme on Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat
- Arjuna Awardee Surjalata Devi files case against her husband for domestic violence
- Machi High School condition in dilapidated condition despite government promises to improve it