Imphal Dec. 10
Assam Rifles under HQ IGAR (South), in a joint operation with Kakching Police, seized drugs worth Rs 57 Lakhs in Pallel, Kakching District on December 07.
Based on the specific information, troops of Assam Rifles and Kakching Police established a Mobile Vehicle Checkpost along NH-102 road from Pallel to Kakching and intercepted an Auto Rickshaw in which a woman passenger was travelling with a hand bag.
During the checking 11 soap cases containing 142.67 Grams of Heroin worth Rupees 57 Lakhs were recovered. The woman passenger has been identified as RD Roseny Anal of Mahamani village, Chandel District. She was also part of ongoing Nasha Bandi campaign in Chandel and was covertly undertaking such illicit activities of drug smuggling in Chandel.
The apprehended individual along with the seized drugs have been handed over to Kakching Police Station for further investigation.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles recover contraband drugs worth more than 8.58 crores near Moreh
- Assam Rifles Conducts Medical Camp in Chandel District
- Education Minister directs officials to construct seven temporary classrooms at Chadong
- Minister Biswajit launches news portal, speaks on importance of balanced reporting
- Encouraging Women’s Cricket In Manipur