Social Welfare Minister. Nemcha Kipgen today disbursed funds of 20, 833 beneficiaries for Manipur Old Age Pension (MOAP) scheme which was received through Go to Village (GTV)Mission at the office chamber of the Minister at New Secretariat, Imphal. As a part of the GTV Mission, Social Welfare Department, Manipur issued forms for beneficiary oriented schemes to eligible and deserving beneficiaries residing at every part of the State by the concerned Nodal Officers of the Department.
Addressing the media, Minister. Nemcha expressed that such landmark feat of the Social Welfare Department, Manipur to reach the deserving beneficiaries to every nook and corner of the state was possible through ‘Go to Village’ program. She also stated that it is through Go to Village program many people were aware of the various welfare schemes, project and programmes of the government at the convenient of their doorstep.
Social Welfare Minister also informed that funds for most of the governmental schemes of the department are now given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) with an aim to avoid any misappropriation of funds by any third party.
It may be mentioned that Chief Minister, Manipur N. Biren Singh launched “Go to Village” programme on 1st May 2018 in 60 villages of all the 60 Assembly constituencies in the State.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles recover contraband drugs worth more than 8.58 crores near Moreh
- Assam Rifles Conducts Medical Camp in Chandel District
- Education Minister directs officials to construct seven temporary classrooms at Chadong
- Minister Biswajit launches news portal, speaks on importance of balanced reporting
- Encouraging Women’s Cricket In Manipur