Imphal, Dec 6
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh today re-assured that the Citizenship Amendment Bill, 2019 which the Union government is all set to pass in the Lok Sabha will not affect the state of Manipur or its people.
Soon after landing at Imphal Airport, N. Biren Singh, while talking to reporters said that the Citizenship Amendment Bill will no way affect the state of Manipur.
“With an authority I convey to the people that the Citizenship Amendment Bill will in no way affect the people of this state”, N. Biren said with full confidence.
He said that the Central leadership including the Union Home Minister had assured to arrange a legislation of the state either by revoking the executive order for scrapping of the Inner Line Permit System existed in the state in 1950 by the than Commissioner Himmat Singh or by extending the presently existed Inner Line Permit System in the neighbouring states of Manipur.
“I believe the Central leadership and I also said time and again that no government other than the present government under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Home Minister Amit Shah will fulfill the aspiration of the state”, the confident Chief Minister told media person appealing people to stay calm in the passing of the CAB.
Regarding the meeting with the Defence Minister Rajnath, Chief Minister N. Biren said that, he called on the Union Defence Minister to thank him for his support to the people of the state by not passing it in the Lok Sabha last year on the request of him. He added that he had assured a protection mechanism for the state of Manipur if CAB is passed and this time too the Union Home Minister Amit Shah had assured a mechanism for protection of the state from CAB.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Mobile tracking records show 456 users from NE, 85 from Manipur at Delhi’s Nizamuddin area in March middle week; Concealing of facts will not help to fight the deadly COVID-19
- Around 85 persons from Manipur suspected to have attend the religious congregation at Delhi’s Nizamuddin; CM appeals to come forward for testing
- PPFA insists on self- conscience during Covid-19 pandemic
- Fighting COVID-19; Health Advisory needs to be reviewed
- An appeal to the public of Manipur from a Manipuri Doctor working in UK