Imphal, Dec 6
The activists of North-East Forum for International Solidarity (NEFIS) today submitted a memorandum to Board of Secondary Education, Manipur (BSEM) Chairperson, Th. Kirankumar regarding the issue of very high fees being charged from the students for the upcoming board examinations. Further, the exam fee submission for HSLC examinations to be held in 2020 is to be made only through online mode.
It should be noted that the majority of students who are going to appear in the HSLC examinations are studying in government schools. These students mostly come from deprived backgrounds and would therefore find it extremely difficult to pay the exorbitant fees being charged. Moreover, it is the government’s primary responsibility to make public education accessible for those coming from marginalized sections. As such, very high fees would be contrary to the stated purpose of public education. Moreover, these students and their families have very poor access to internet facilities, and as such making fee submission available through online mode would be a cause of unnecessary trouble for them.
Regarding these concerns the activists demanded in the memorandum that the fees for HSLC examinations should be drastically reduced and only very nominal fees should be charged. They also demanded that fees submission should be made available through offline mode as well. NEFIS pledges to continue its struggle for equality in education in the coming days.
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- CCpur’s CSOs, ADC prepares to fight COVID -19
- CM inspects site for construction of new quarantine centre
- The lone COVID -19 patient at JNIMS improved; Ministry releases advisory to take action on those spreading fake news about coronavirus a
- Popular Front welcomes Corona restrictions; Demands adequate support measures
- MSPDCL close vending station open online recharge facilities