In a major breakthrough, a joint team of Assam Rifles and State Police recovered a large quantity of drugs in two separate operations in the state in a single day.
On the first instance, based on specific information an operation was launched by troops of Assam Rifles in Sada Kumbi area in Thoubal district. During the operation, two individuals identified as Wungreingam Awungshi and Ning Khan were apprehended, both the apprehendees confessed to their involvement in illegally running a underground processing lab in the area and further supplying drugs to the youth of Manipur and Nagaland. During detailed search, the joint team recovered approx 41.3 Kg of Heroin Brown Sugar (Solid), 10 liters of Morphinated (Liquid), Rs 2.8 lakhs cash and drug processing equipment. The assessed value of the recovered drugs is more then Rs 150 crores.
In another operation 02 December at Khudengtabi, troops of Assam Rifles intercepted a suspicious White Coloured Swift Car driven by Mr Md Amar Shah, age 24 yrs, r/o Monijing Wangmatba. After a thorough check of the vehicle, the team recovered 40,000 WIY tables valued at more than Rs 1.2 Crore.
The apprehended individuals and the recoveries have been handed over to the Police for further investigation.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles recover contraband drugs worth more than 8.58 crores near Moreh
- Assam Rifles Conducts Medical Camp in Chandel District
- Education Minister directs officials to construct seven temporary classrooms at Chadong
- Minister Biswajit launches news portal, speaks on importance of balanced reporting
- Encouraging Women’s Cricket In Manipur