Imphal, Nov 19
State police today arrested four leaders of the Manipur People Against Citizenship Bill (MANPAC) which has been spearheading the protest against passing of the Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) 2019 in the state of Manipur. Those arrested are identified as Yumnamcha Dillip , Convenor MANPAC, L. Jadu, Co-convenor , Y. Krishnadash and O. Ratan.
Meanwhile, Meira paibis and local club members today continue to stage sit-in-protest at different places in Imphal east and Imphal West area.
At RIMS road, Lancha Ningthouja , Convenor of NEFIP attended the sit-in-demonstration and deliver speech about the impact of CAB if pass in the parliament and converted into legislation.
Latest from Sh Ajit
- Save Nambul River: Mrs. Grimwood’s Nambul part of the story will be contrasting if written today
- Labour minister instructs officials to form task force to timely address labour shortage
- Make sure that all farmers get fertilizer on time - UPF
- COVID-19: Manipur has 342 active cases, tally stands at 540
- NSCN-K calls upon frontline workers of COVID-19 Pandemic to be more transparent and responsible
raj Tuesday, 19 November 2019 18:37 Comment Link
SHUTDOWN WAS TOTAL AND EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENTS WERE THROWN OUT OF GEAR. This underlines the seriousness of the issue and resulting voluntary support and highlights failures of coercive iron-hand politics.