Imphal, Nov. 18
Government of Manipur has issued an order today to counter the total shut down called by Manipur People Against Citizenship Amendment Bill (MANPAC) starting from midnight today till 6 pm of November 19.
The MANPAC called the 18 hours total shut down in the state of Manipur in protest against the attempt to pass the Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) in the upcoming parliament session which will begin tomorrow.
In the order issued by the Chief Secretary all government offices including the Education Institutions have been instructed to open and function normally. All government employees have been instructed compulsory attendance.
The order also instructed the Commissioner of Education –(S) to unsure normal functioning of the schools and colleges. Heads of the Institutions are also instructed to take up necessary action against any employee failing to comply with the order.
On the other hand all Deputy Commissioners are also instructed to ensure functioning of all offices in districts and ensure attendance in all offices. Stern departmental action against employees who are absent has also been instructed.
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- ATSUM serious to the functioning of TA & HD; threatens stir
- JFA insists on mass Covid-19 screening for media employees
- NEFIS demands subsidy for fertilizers
- Nagaland declared disturbed area for 6 more months; ‘Law and order situation in Nagaland, disturbed and dangerous’ – Home Ministry
- IBSD Sikkim distributes surface disinfectant to GMC