Regarding the news report published in Imphal Times, Saturday (the 16th November, 2019) issue under the heading “Police Inspector who went viral on social media post for pulling girl’s hair suspended on drug case”, we do hereby tender our apology that the said Police Officer, Inspector Letkhohao Vaiphei, who is posted as the Officer in Charge of Moreh Police and is under suspension in connection with drug-seized-related-case is not the one and is not related with the photo of pulling a girl’s hair in August 2015. The same was inadvertently and erroneously uploaded in our Facebook page and web site www.imphaltimes.com along with a photo that is on social media, but removed the moment we realized that the photo has nothing to do with the Police officer mention in the news .
We regret the error and apologize for any embarrassment caused to the police Officer and to our readers.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Stop blaming those in queue for petrol, it is not panic buying; CAF& PD has urged BPCL to stop issuing Petrol to public w.e.f Dec. 15
- Manipur’s citizens continues to show solidarity with the anti-CAA movements in NE
- Citizenship Amendment Act 2019: The Great Lotus‘Rope Trick’ Unfold
- Finance Deptt Collapses; Not a single work programme taken up at any of the deptt.
- Manipur’s Citizens continue to show solidarity to Anti-CAB protest in Assam and Tripura; Oppose CAA