9th session of the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly today pay homage to the former MLA Maibam Kunjo Singh who had expired before completing his term. A two-minute silence was observed by the members of the house as a mark respect to the departed soul.
Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh, who is also the leader of the house while sharing the pain and sorrow of the family members of the departed MLA said that his demise is a great lost to the state Assembly as well as for the people of Manipur. MLA I Ibohalbi, MLA Shyamkumar, MLA Kh Joykishan, MLA K Shyam, MLA P Brojen and Commerce and Industries Minister Govindas Konthoujam also express words of honour to the departed soul.
MLA Kunjo has been elected as the member of the house for four times from Hiyanglam Assembly Constituency. He was first elected in 1974 as MPP legislature. He had served as Minister for the government of Manipur. He was elected as an AITC legislature in the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly but died without completing the term following an illness on the early morning of August 12, 2014.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Let’s fight and win the war against COVID-19 : CM
- Donations to CM’s Covid Relief Fund
- Indian Army ensures safe return of missing Arunachali youth from the Tibet Autonomous region of China
- MCS Association of Manipur donates to CM COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Ex-MLAs Association condole the demise of Dr. L. Chandramani