All Manipur Muslim Development Organisation (AMMDO) observed ‘minority’s rights day’ today at Manipur Press Club, Imphal.
Speaking on the occasion, Mumtaz Begum, President of All Manipur Women’s Culture Organisation said that observing ‘minority’s rights day’ is very important in the state because minority people do not get the right fully and people are also not aware of their rights. Therefore to give awareness of the given rights of the minority people such awareness is very important, added Mumtaz. She urged the government to increase the minority quota from 4% to 6% and also to appoint a different directorate only for all the minority people of Manipur.
Dr. Shahid Ahmad, Advocate, President, AMMDO, A. Mubi, President, Editor’s Guild Manipur, KT Rahman, Advisor, AMUCO, Kh. Mani, Advocate President, AMBA, Dr. Syed Burhanuddin, Senior Consultant Surgeon and Advisor, Minorities Development Forum, Manipur and Gunachandra Sharma, President, Manipuri Naat Kanba Lup attended the function as Presidium members.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Let’s fight and win the war against COVID-19 : CM
- Donations to CM’s Covid Relief Fund
- Indian Army ensures safe return of missing Arunachali youth from the Tibet Autonomous region of China
- MCS Association of Manipur donates to CM COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Ex-MLAs Association condole the demise of Dr. L. Chandramani