Imphal, Nov 11
Chairman of the United Nation Liberation Front (UNLF), RK Meghen @ Sanayaima, who has been set free after completion of conviction from Guwahati Central jail, Kahilipara on Saturday evening has been taken to new Delhi today morning by the officials of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Report reaching here said that the MHA officials took RK Meghen in a Guwahati –New Delhi bound Indigo flight which departed at 11.11 am today. His son RK Chinglen and lawyer M. Gunadhor also accompanied the UNLF Chief.
RK Meghen has been requested by the MHA officials not to visit his hometown Imphal in view of the present social tension in the state in the wake of the final settlement of the Naga issue. He was not re-arrested but taken by the MHA by assuring full security source from Guwahati said yesterday however, the source did not said anything on the provisions that RK Meghen has been taken to New Delhi even as he had completed his jail term and set free.
Source also added that RK Meghen will be under security cover of the MHA till the situation here in the state has been contained.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Stop blaming those in queue for petrol, it is not panic buying; CAF& PD has urged BPCL to stop issuing Petrol to public w.e.f Dec. 15
- Manipur’s citizens continues to show solidarity with the anti-CAA movements in NE
- Citizenship Amendment Act 2019: The Great Lotus‘Rope Trick’ Unfold
- Finance Deptt Collapses; Not a single work programme taken up at any of the deptt.
- Manipur’s Citizens continue to show solidarity to Anti-CAB protest in Assam and Tripura; Oppose CAA