Imphal, Nov 11
First installment of financial assistance provided to journalist Babie Shirin under the Khelen Thokchom Media Fellowship program for the 2nd year by the Chairman of the Trust Thokchom Ongbi Memcha Devi at a simple function held at the residence of late Khelen Thokchom at Tera Loukrakpam Leikai on Sunday.
Babie Shirin will be filing at least 6 stories on the water crisis and its management in the state within 6 months. Financial assistance under the Media Fellowship is Rs. 50,000/- and will be given to her on installment basis. A sum of Rs. 15, 000/- has been handed over to her as first installment.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur University in dire straits –Part -4: 49 contract staffs appointed at MU during Administrator Jarnail Singh’s era; MU community’s silence over its legitimacy
- The way forward towards civility
- Manipur University in Dire Straits (Part -3) Violating Rule 150 & 155 of the GFR, MU procured over 17 lakhs worth equipments
- Earlier it was outlaws, then the govt. Machineries, Now the CSOs started infringing to media freedom
- No timeframe for solution of Naga Issue in Governor Ravi’s Address to Assembly