Imphal, Nov 11
The proposed cease work strike of the Government College teachers which is scheduled to begin from today has been postponed in view of the present situation in the state. A statement by Federation of Government College Teachers’ Associations, Manipur (FEGOCTA) said that the decision to postpone the cease work strike has been taken during an emergency executive meeting of the association held yesterday at GP Women’s College, Imphal.
The statement however said that the teaching community has been demoralized at the failure of the government in fulfilling its own written assurances. It said the government gave written assurance to FEGOCTA to implement the 7th UGC Pay and regulations, 2018 on September 26 and October 15 this year. The FEGOCTA executive after deliberation on the issue expressed dissatisfaction over the failure to communicate by the government after expiry of November 4 dateline to implement the 7th UGC Pay and Regulation, 2018. The FEGOCTA said that it will start the agitation after reviewing the prevailing situation in the state.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- CM Inaugurates 16th Orange Festival Tamenglong
- State Observes Vijay Diwas; Need to improve human resources sector in the state: CM
- A R Organises Medical Camp
- Football tournament organized by CRPF concludes
- Filmmakers, Journalists, students support Anti-CAB movement; Shows solidarity with Assam and Tripura