Imphal, Nov 11
National Education Day is observed today to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India.
In connection with the observance of the National Education Day, Union Minister for Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank interacted with the students of Kendriya Vidyalaya from across the nation through video conferencing.
The Minister also launches SWAYAM 2.0. to take education to every doorstep of India,
SWAYAM is a programme initiated by the government to provide the best teaching-learning resources to all.
Here in the state, The day was observed at Manipur University. In connection with the observance of the National Education Day, 1st State Level Painting Competition was organised at Manipur University. The observance was graced by Sandhyarani Ningthoujam , Finance Officer as Chief Guest, Dr. R.K. Suresh Singh , HoD ACEE, MU as Guest of Honour and Dr. Maibam Chourjit as President.
The painting competition was organised in three categories. Group A from Class III to V , Group B from Class VI to Class VIII and Group C from Class IX to Class XII under the theme – “Our Environment , Education System and Nation Building. In Group A Brikrama Lourembam stood 1st Position , in group C Martine Tongbram of Pitambra English School top and in Group C Venish Keisham of Pitrambra English School top.
Latest from Ashinikumar Mutum
- One day orientation workshop on ‘Intensified Mission Indradhanush‘
- Kangleipakki Meira celebrates 38 foundation day
- PIL filed in Allahabad High Court seeking judicial probe into Police violence in Uttar Pradesh
- City scribes condole death of Journalist Naresh Mitra
- 6 music bands to represent Manipur and Sikkim at Ukhrul auditions for Rhythms & Aromas of Northeast on January 10