Imphal, Nov 10
Chairman of the United Nation Liberation Front (UNLF) RK Meghen @ Sanayaima has been released from Guwahati Central jail, Kahilipara on Saturday evening but will not come home tomorrow as expected by the people of the state.
A source said that the UNLF Chairman has been taken by officials of the Ministry of Home Affairs along with his lawyer and son to a guest house of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) in Guwahati. He will be taken to an undisclosed location either tomorrow or day after tomorrow, the source added.
Another source said that the MHA did not want Meghen to return at Imphal as his return may create trouble in the state in the wake of the mass protest against the settlement of the Naga issue. It added that the UNLF Chairman RK Meghen @ Sanayaima has not been re arrested but the condition that the MHA officials took him is more like detention.
The UNLF Chief was reportedly abducted by a team of Bangladesh Police on September 27, 2010 from Dhaka. However, his arrest was announced only on November 30, 2010 by the Indian authority. It said that he was arrested from Bihar’s East Champaran District, while trying to cross over to India from Bangladesh.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire
- ‘We don’t procure sub-standard mask, we encourage hand made three-layers masks under the Ministry’s guideline’
- Conquering the art of bloody politics
- Cracks between NPP and BJP stitched; Deputy CM Yumnam Joykumar re-allocated with Finance portfolio
- Sub standard protective mask procured at Rs. 25 per piece for distribution to MGNREGA workers