Imphal, Nov 10
Congress MLA AK Mirabai yesterday evening joined the alert protest rally organised under the aegis of COCOMI at Patsoi area. As per report, a large number of protestors thronged to the resident of the MLA as a part of the ongoing protest. AK Mirabai while talking to the protestors said that she is ready to even give up the post of MLA if any decision has been taken to distort the integrity of Manipur while solving the Naga issue.
On the other hand MLA Joykishan had stated that he will not take part the Sangai Festival this year. Talking to media persons MLA Joykishan said that the state government is afraid to call an emergency or special state assembly session and is playing hide and seek game. As he is also an MLA which represents the people he said that he cannot act against the will of the people. Demanding disclosure of the Frame Work Agreement signed between the NSCN-IM and the Government of India Joykishan said that he will be with the people of the state.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- Thangmeiband, Polem Leikai declared as containment zone; Efforts underway for contact tracing of the patient
- Smile Train India Strengthens Support To Cleft Patients During COVID19
- HSLC, 2020 result declared today; two Government school students ranked in top 25 positions
- AMCTA condoles demise of Prof. Th. Oliver Monsang
- Need for empathy, understanding and responsibility