At least 5 shops and all the goods inside them have been gutted in a devastating fire that broke out last night at Lalpani bazaar of Jiribam District which falls 6km from the zero point of Jiribam towards the southern side.
According to report culled from the site of the fire, it broke out at around 10 p.m last night and it was suspected that the fire may be ignited from the tea stall. Tea stall, Hardware store, clothes stores and grocery shop were among the 5 shops that have been gutted.
Speaking with the media person, the Lalpani Bazaar Committee Secretary Md. Jamal Hussain said the fire broke out at around 10pm. Immediately they reported to the Fire service department of Jiribam but due to delay of fire tender arrival in the spot it was not able to save the shops which is very unfortunate.
He also appealed to the concern authority to take up rapid action when such unnatural devastating fire broke out in future so that it might save the properties of people.
Later, to combat the fire along with three fires tender, it took 3 hours to put out the fire and prevent it from further spreading. Though the exact loss in the fire has not yet been worked out, the loss is estimated to be lakhs of rupees.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur. He can be contacted by email at [email protected]
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Students and Meira paibis continue to throng at the residence of MLAs; Police fires tear gas shell to disperse protestors
- Likeminded people connected through Social networking site provide assistance to disabled family
- Fashion Show cum Beauty Contest held in connection with Ningol Chakkouba at Shillong
- Jiribam: Rally held to celebrate birthday of Prophet Muhammad
- MP Dr. Ranjan emphasis the significance of celebrating Ningol Chakkouba