Imphal, Nov 7
An emergency meeting of the four Left Parties was held at Irawat Bhawan, BT Road , Imphal under the chairmanship of Dr. M Nara Singh, National Executive Member of CPI on Wednesday evening has resolved to urge the government for an immediate assembly session to take a fresh resolution on the Indo Naga Peace talk.
The meeting was attended by CPI (M) leaders Kshetrimayum Santa (Secretary), Sarat Salam and Thounaojam Sharat , CPI leaders L. Sotin (Secretary), Kh. Surchand Thokchom Joykumar and RK Amusana , AIFB Secretary Khomdram Gyaneshwar and RSP Secretariat Member Kangjam Manoranjan .
The meeting discussed the latest situation in the state of Manipur particularly the situation after the October 31 dateline on the Naga Peace Talk between the Government of India (GOI) and Naga Representatives at New Delhi.
After a threadbare discussion on the issue the meeting adopted the following Demands :
1) Immediately convene Manipur Legislative Assembly to discuss and adopt a fresh resolution in the interest of Manipur and its people.
2) Send the resolution of the Manipur Legislative Assembly to the both Houses of Parliament which will be commenced from November 18 , 2019.
3) Invite immediately the stakeholders of Manipur, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh by the government including the state governments, political parties and CSOs to discuss for the finalisation to the Indo- Naga Peace Talk.
The meeting expressed dissatisfaction of the casualness on the part Central and State governments on the ongoing process on Indo - Naga Peace Talk and warmed that the time may be exhausted to tackle the issue.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- DAMMS decried resolution by CSOs on Pangal identities of Manipur
- Another blast occurred at Imphal
- 5 police persons including an Additional SP and one civilian injured in bomb blast; CM condemns
- LMS Law College demands for postponement of students’ election scrutiny
- Meiraba Luwang clinches Korea Junior Open title