Imphal, Nov 1
Coordination Committee on Manipur Integrity (COCOMI) today said that the organization will continue alert campaign and stage protest of various kinds until the Government of India assured that the integrity of the state both political and geographical is safe. In a press conference held today, Convenor of the COCOMI Sunil Karam said that as there is apprehension among the people of the state on the issue of the safety of Manipur’s integrity the COCOMI will continue the alert protest. He said that as per media report it is not sure about the fate of the state as there is likely to happen anything against the will of the people of the state. He also questioned the Government of India for keeping the agreed points between the NSCN-IM and the Government of India yesterday.
“The political parties representatives should urged the central authority and put the agreement reached between the NSCN-IM and the Government of India at the public domain within 2nd of this month”, Sunil Karam said and warn of serious agitation if they come back empty hand.
Meanwhile, representatives of the political party who had been camping at New Delhi in connection with the signing of the peace agreement returned today. BJP representative L Basanta said that the Union Home Minister had stated that no final agreement has been signed.
Latest from Ashinikumar Mutum
- CM invites COCOMI for talk
- Govt. issues order to counter MANPAC’s total shut down
- Dr. S. Subbiah reelected as National President and Sushri Nidhi Tripathi elected as National General Secretary of ABVP
- National Education Day observed
- Assam Rifles seizes 2 packets of contraband worth Rs 10 lakh in Tengnoupal