Imphal, Oct . 21
Union Minister of State for Home Affairs K Reddy, who arrived here in Imphal today afternoon, was greeted with slogans warning unprecedented peoples’ uprising if any attempt to distort the integrity of Manipur is made while signing final agreement with the NSCN-IM.
The large number of people was attending an emergency meeting at Keishampat Leimajam Leikai, Imphal when the MoS Home K Reddy passed by the road at around 2.20 pm today after arriving at Bir Tikendrajit International Airport, Imphal. Apprehensive of unwanted disturbances, large number of police were also deployed at all sides of Tiddim road in between Keishampat to Airport particularly at Keishampat Leimajam Leikai to prevent any untoward incident during the Union Minister’s visit.
As the MoS K Reddy’s vehicle passed along with team of security escort, the people gathering at the site of the emergency meeting convened by the UCM stand up and shouted slogans warning him serious crisis if any move that affect the integrity of Manipur is taken up while solving NSCN-IM problems.
“Long Live Manipur”, “We stand for the territorial integrity of Manipur”, “no divisive policy among the people of Manipur”, etc., were some of the slogans shouted when the Union MoS passed by.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Disqualification Case: Speaker’s Tribunal dismisses objection plea by 7 MLAs
- Extraordinary measures during extraordinary time
- Disqualification case: HC reserves judgment, to pronounce on June 8
- War on COVID-19: Authority needs to review the quarantine management
- Custom officer asks Rs. 1 lakh for ‘Chai Paani’ for refund of deposited money