Imphal, Oct 18
The Ningol Chakkouba Handloom & Handicraft Expo. 2019 organised by the Manipur Apex Handloom Weavers & handicraft Artisans Ltd. is underway at GM Hall here in Imphal.
The Expo was inaugurated yesterday by P. Vaiphei IAS, Principal Secretary Textile, Commerce and Industry. Indira Devi President AWAS, C. Rajsikaran , Asst. Director (design), Weaver Service Center Imphal, Th. Rajan Singh Asst. Director Handicraft Service Center Imphal and Y. Shantikumar Singh Asst. Manager ( Commercial) Imphal attended as dignitaries on the dais.
Bhobol , Bord of Directors Apex Handloom while delivering the key note address said that handloom products and handicrafts items should be used as gifts of Ningol Chakkouba and State Knowledge of handlooms and Handicrafts should be included in the school curriculum to sustain aged old tradition and work culture to the youths.
P Vaiphei in his speech expressed happiness in organizing the handlooms and handicrafts expo , celebrating the Ningol Chakkouba , the biggest festival of Manipur.
Latest from Ashinikumar Mutum
- CM invites COCOMI for talk
- Govt. issues order to counter MANPAC’s total shut down
- Dr. S. Subbiah reelected as National President and Sushri Nidhi Tripathi elected as National General Secretary of ABVP
- National Education Day observed
- Assam Rifles seizes 2 packets of contraband worth Rs 10 lakh in Tengnoupal